Wednesday, May 18, 2011

To Aruba and Beyond!

To be completely honest, I don't think I'd even heard of it until I was trying to find the dates for the African Fashion International 2011. Aruba, as far as I was concerned (until three minutes ago) was a place as far off and unattainable as ...Fiji. I know more about Fiji than I do about Aruba though. Well, so do most people, I suppose. But. Aruba. Is hosting it's first Fashion Week this coming November. Tickets to Aruba will cost me R14 000. Then there's the event's actual tickets, which, as it's a newbie, you can probably bet that a lot of designers are going to be going over there to help 'discover' the place and its abundant talent.

Which leaves me in a conundrum. I want to go. So badly. I'm sure I can convince oneof my friends to go with me. Perhaps. My conundrum lies in the fact that... I'm supposed to be working then. Mature, responsible me... Sure, just a week or two...

Well. We'll see. Stranger things have happened, who's to say I won't get to go?!

Look here, a LINK.

No comments: