Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Toffee Market


I wasn't able to load some funny/artsy/inspirational pics from the Toffee Market '11 because I lost my camera chord thing. I thought these were pretty cool though.
Funny:

(See the one [above] offering Romantic Dates? I was tempted to call, hey.)







(The above [Pollsmoor] is a prison. Irony. Smell it like coffee.)


Then there was this table of shoes by Michelle Son. (Check out her site. Her work is pretty cool, even if different. I love her illustrations of people. Wish I had skill with a pen like that!) These were artistic and creatively...original and pretty cool. I reckoned the one covered in R10 notes would be worth a bit more now....

(Money one in the front, flower petal one in the back, scroll down for close up.)

(I am in love with this bow-detail.)


(I think of the time that must have gone into this one and I cringe. Even if she did it while they were wet or dry petals.)

Then, there was this one by Freddy Sam. I like his work, having seen it featured before and stuff, unlike Michelle, who I only learned of at the Market. He's got some pretty incredible works up on his site, so be sure to check it out. This one is dark, and sad (with excellent shading!)... but I love it nonetheless.
That was pretty much all the photos I took...okay, fine, all the ones I'm willing to share. Perhaps I should have featured more of the clothing and vintage items, plus pics prom the boxing game, but...oh well. Perhaps some other time.

No comments: